Today, January 18th, 2016, is the two-year anniversary, to the day, of the day we first released a public beta of FeenPhone. (blog post here.) This is also the first FeenPhone public update in almost a year and a half. The last update was 7/16/15.
GET THIS GREAT NEW FeenPhone HERE (or now on the main download page, that’s been updated too.) Details for this new version:
-Version name: beta v0.4.6217.1357
-File name: FeenPhone_Setup-Anniversary.msi
-MD5 Checksum: 31162c11835c072d87913d5af3b2ef7d
-Release date: 1/8/2017
-File size: 4.72 megs. (4,956,160 bytes)
LIST OF IMPROVEMENTS:
- Made the vertical slider buttons bigger (twice as wide and twice as high). Makes them easier to grab in a hurry.
- You can now copy and paste text and URLs from text chat window.
- Updated BipCot NoGov license to add “mailman exception.”
- Default buffer target increased from 100ms to 150 ms. Less likely to have drop outs. (If you and the people you’re connecting with have VERY solid internet connections, you can lower this to 100 or even 50, and you’ll have less latency, which is good.)
- Sending bad packets no longer crashes network. It only disconnects user sending the bad packets.
- Made automatic re-connect an option.
- Made automatic re-connect default OFF.
- After disconnect and reconnect, sliders stay at the setting they were at before disconnect.
- If the user gets disconnected, since the automatic re-dial option is off by default, a zany sound plays when user is disconnected, so you don’t keep talking live on radio when you are not connected. This is good because otherwise people will talk for minutes to no one but themselves when they think they’re still on air.
Here’s the zany sound: