FeenPhone source code is on GitHub, HERE.
FeenPhone Non-Windows Developer Protocol Guide
TIPS FOR DEVELOPERS:
–It will be a lot easier to simply make Clients for Linux, Android and Apple than to make full Server / Clients like our Windows version.
–A Linux version will need a complete re-envisioning. This isn’t a “stick it in Wine” candidate like many suggest. Everything will be different in Linux, except Opus, to produce the exact same results. Same with Apple, Android.
We want people to use and spread and improve FeenPhone and use it in other technologies. If you make anything using FeenPhone’s source, please post a comment below. We’d love to know about it.
(Opus codec license and NAudio code license info are listed after FeenPhone license.) This is the license for the FeenPhone-specific original code:
=====BEGIN FeenPhone LICENSE=====
BipCot NoGov Software License (www.bipcot.org), version 1.12 / No warranty of usability of FeenPhone software.
This original computer code and resulting program was made by license holder, Beastlick Internet Policy Commission Outreach Team 2015, 2016, 2017. All rights to make fun of you reserved. www.feenphone.com
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions and adaptations of source code or program must retain the entirety of this license, including retaining attribution of the license holder of the software.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the entirety of this license.
- Neither the name of the license holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. Furthermore, no attempt will be made to impersonate the person or entity whose software is being used or modified.
- Governments, and agents and subcontractors of same, are not permitted to use this software or derivations of this software
- If governments, agents and subcontractors of same use this software, or derivations of this software, all agencies and persons directly and knowingly involved may be shamed in public, by name, on the Internet, on radio, and in any media now extant or invented in the future, throughout the known universe and elsewhere, in perpetuity. Governments, agents and subcontractors of same that use this software, or derivations of this software, agree to endure this shaming, without comment or action.
- Any person or entity that violates any part of this agreement will also be shamed as above, and agrees to endure this shaming, without comment or action.
- The BipCot NoGov Software License adopts the first 3 clauses of the 3-Clause BSD license (Berkeley Software Distribution license) and adopts the BSD “as is” text at the end. The 3-Clause BSD license is in the Public Domain. However, there is no partnership or endorsement created or implied between the creators or users of The BipCot NoGov Software License and the creators or users of the BSD license, or vise versa.
- This version allows for “LIBERTARIAN INDULGENCES.” i.e. low-level government workers like mailmen and peaceful future Internet freedom hero contractors can use the thing that is licensed.
But cops, goons, politicians, alphabet soup agency workers, etc, and anyone who carries a gun or orders the use of guns for the gub’mnint is still forbidden.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE LICENSE HOLDER AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LICENSE HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
=====END FeenPhone LICENSE=====
OPUS CODEC LICENSE
FeenPhone includes the codec Opus. Opus uses the 3-clause BSD license. Opus’ license info is here on the Opus site.
|In brief: (see here for details)|
|You can encode or decode Opus-compatible streams for any purpose at no cost.|
|You can integrate the reference Opus encoder and decoder in any application, program, or product, even commercially, at no cost.|
|You can create your own compatible implementations of the Opus specification and give them away or sell them.|
|You may not do these things if you engage in Opus-related patent litigation against any user of Opus.|
FeenPhone also uses the NAudio .NET audio library. NAudio’s Microsoft Public license is as follows:
Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL)
This license governs use of the accompanying software. If you use the software, you accept this license. If you do not accept the license, do not use the software.
The terms “reproduce,” “reproduction,” “derivative works,” and “distribution” have the same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law.
A “contribution” is the original software, or any additions or changes to the software.
A “contributor” is any person that distributes its contribution under this license.
“Licensed patents” are a contributor’s patent claims that read directly on its contribution.
2. Grant of Rights
(A) Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create.
(B) Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license under its licensed patents to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of its contribution in the software or derivative works of the contribution in the software.
3. Conditions and Limitations
(A) No Trademark License- This license does not grant you rights to use any contributors’ name, logo, or trademarks.
(B) If you bring a patent claim against any contributor over patents that you claim are infringed by the software, your patent license from such contributor to the software ends automatically.
(C) If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software.
(D) If you distribute any portion of the software in source code form, you may do so only under this license by including a complete copy of this license with your distribution. If you distribute any portion of the software in compiled or object code form, you may only do so under a license that complies with this license.
(E) The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. The contributors give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this license cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the contributors exclude the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
License for WEBSITE / PROMO VIDEO / radio ads, and non-code original content in the FeenPhone software:
All writing, original images and music covered by The BipCot NoGov license
This allows use and re-use by anyone except governments and government agents. There are no government guns for violators, only shame..
Bird silhouette adopted for use in header art and program icons in public domain, from here.